The CNA skill of hair may be a part of the test on your state’s CNA exam. This one of the easier skills that you may be tested on. However, hair care can be an important part of the day to day care of a resident.
To learn all the necessary steps for this skill, please watch this CNA Skills Hair Care for a complete demonstration of the skill.
CNA Skill – Hair Care
The process of hair care on a CNA skills exam is as follows:
- Perform the standard CNA beginning tasks. Knock before entering the patient’s room, greet the patient by name, introduce yourself, explain the task you are about to perform, close the privacy curtain, and wash your hands. .
- You will need a towel, hair brush and comb.
- The essential part about hair care is that you ask the resident how they would like hair styled.
- Start from the ends and comb the kinks out of the hair
- Be sure to comb without causing discomfort
- Afterwards, be sure to return your supplies to the proper place
- Perform your standard completion tasks – wash your hands, ensure the patient has a clean environment, ask if they are comfortable, give them their call light and close their privacy curtain.
* Please be sure to consult the testing materials provided by the skills test provider in your state to ensure that these steps for CNA Skill Hair Care are in compliance. The procedure in different states and from different test providers can vary slightly and greatly affect your score.