Florida Nurse Aide Registry
Florida Board of Nursing – Board Office
4052 Bald Cypress Way Bin C-02
Tallahassee, FL 32399-3252
Phone: (850) 245-4125
Applications and Fees ONLY:
Department of Health Board of Nursing
P.O. Box 6330
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6330
Becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant in Florida
CNA candidates in Florida must complete a state-approved training program and pass the CNA exam. Prometric administers the NNAAP competency examination which has a written or oral and a skills demonstration portion. The following requirements must be met in order for the Florida Nurse Aide Registry to grant a CNA certification:
- At least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma holder or equivalent.
- Completion of a curriculum issued by the Enterprise Florida Jobs and Education Partnership Grant
- Successfully passed the nursing assistant competency examination.
How Do I Verify My CNA Certification in Florida?
Any prospective employer may check the current status of any nurse assistant in Florida by browsing the following link:
How Do I Renew My CNA Certificate in Florida?
Candidates are required to renew their certificates every 2 years to be able to work in Florida as a CNA. One of the ways to accomplish the said renewal is to perform a minimum of 24 hours of paid nursing-related services within the last 2 years. You must fill out the online application for certification renewal.
How Do I Reinstate a CNA Certificate in Florida?
A CNA certificate needs to be reinstated if:
- You have missed the deadline for your certificate renewal.
- Has yet to perform any paid nursing-related service within the last 2 years.
In order to reinstate your certificate, you must reapply for a license and comply with rules set forth by the state in question.
How Do I Transfer a CNA Certificate from Another State to Florida?
CNA applicants may transfer their certification to Florida Nurse Aide Registry if:
- In possession of a certificate that is active from another state.
- Has yet to commit abuse, neglect, exploitation or any undesirable action from the state in question.
Please take note that the Florida state exam is not required.