Becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant in Florida
Prometric administers the NNAAP competency examination which has a written or oral and a skills demonstration portion. The following requirements must be met in order for the Florida Nurse Aide Registry to grant a CNA certification:
- At least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma holder or equivalent.
- Completion of a curriculum issued by the Enterprise Florida Jobs and Education Partnership Grant
- Successfully passed the nursing assistant competency examination.
Candidate Information Bulletin
Apply for Certification by Examination
Online Verification of a Florida CNA Certification
Any prospective employer may check the current status of any nurse assistant in Florida by browsing the following link:
Renewal of Certificates for CNAs in Florida
Candidates are required to renew their certificates every 2 years to be able to work in Florida as a CNA. One of the ways to accomplish the said renewal is to perform a minimum of 24 hours of paid nursing-related services within the last 2 years.
Reinstating a CNA Certificate in Florida
A CNA certificate needs to be reinstated if:
- You have missed the deadline for your certificate renewal.
- Has yet to perform any paid nursing-related service within the last 2 years.
In order to reinstate your certificate, you must reapply for a license and comply with rules set forth by the state in question.
Transferring a Certificate from Another State
CNA appliicants may transfer their certification to Florida Nurse Aide Registry if:
- In possession of a certificate that is active from another state.
- Has yet to commit abuse, neglect, exploitation or any undesirable action from the state in question.
Please take note that the Florida state exam is not required.
Certification by Endorsement Application
- Change Request Form
- File a Complaint
- Check Application Status
- Take a Practice Exam
- Florida Nurse Aide Registry
If you have additional questions, you may contact the Florida Nurse Aide Registry at:
Florida Nurse Aide Registry
Florida Board of Nursing – Board Office
4052 Bald Cypress Way Bin C-02
Tallahassee, FL 32399-3252
Phone: (850) 245-4125
Applications and Fees ONLY:
Department of Health Board of Nursing
P.O. Box 6330
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6330