CNA License Requirements in New Hampshire
The initial requirements for obtaining a CNA license in New Hampshire is to pass a background check. Next, pass the Licensed Nursing Assistant Exam that is composed of both a written and clinical test. Agencies like American Red Cross, Pearson Vue, and Excel Testing will facilitate the testing procedure.
Other Routes to Becoming an LNA in New Hampshire
- Through competency evaluation (new LNAs)
- Through endorsement (out-of-state CNAs)
- By comparable education (RN/LPN students)
- By challenge process (other individual)
LNA License Online Verification
You will need to provide your first name, last name, and license number in order to have your certification status verified.
New Hampshire Certification Renewal
To maintain an active status within the registry, applicants must first meet the following requirements:
- Accumulated a total of 200 hours of working as a nurse aide during the last 2 years.
- 12 hours of continuing education per each year of the last 2 years
Application for certification renewal
License Reinstatement in New Hampshire
A CNA that is unable to comply with the eligibility requirements set forth by the state registry will be unable to renew his/her license. A license reinstatement will need to be requested. The procedure involves submitting a reinstatement form followed by passing a test in any of the state-approved testing facilities along with paying any associated fee.
Information of Nursing Assistant License Reinstatement
Transferring an Out-of-State Certificate by Endorsement
Any CNA candidate with a currently active certificate obtained from another state that is in good standing can be transferred to New Hampshire in accordance to the following requirements:
- Has worked for at least 200 hours as a nurse aide within the last 2 years
- Has participated in 12 hours or more of continuing education per year within the last 24 months
- Has completed both the written and clinical competency test within the last 24 months.
License by Endorsement Application
If you have additional questions, you may contact the New Hampshire Nurse Aide Registry at:
New Hampshire Nursing Assistants Registry
21 S. Fruit St., Ste 16
Concord, NH 03301-2431
Phone: (603) 271-6282
Fax: (603) 271-6605