Initial Requirements for Upcoming CNAs in Wyoming
The initial requirements for upcoming CNAs in the state of Wyoming are as follows:
- Enroll in and pass from a CNA training program sponsored by the state.
- Achieve a passing score from the Wyoming CNA Certification exam.
Keep in mind that before being scheduled for an examination, applicants must secure a registration for the Wyoming CNA Competency Evaluation with Prometric. Once all of the aforementioned prerequisites have been successfully completed, candidates will be able to coordinate with the Department of Health to be officially registered within the nurse registry of Wyoming.
- Candidate Information Bulletin
- Examination Application Form
- Test Center List
- ADA Accommodations Request Packet
- Practice Exam
- Request for registry placement
Certification Verification for CNAs in Wyoming
The Board of Nursing within Wyoming provides a portal for CNA certification verification. Searchers need only to provide the Last name and First name, License Number, or NCSBN ID of the CNA question to perform the verification.
Renewing Process of CNA Certification in Wyoming
Certified nursing assistants within the state of Wyoming are able to hold their license for a two (2) year period. The renewal process is possible via an online application that can be done between October 1st and December 31st of every even year. The qualifications for certification renewal are:
- Has performed nurse related work for at least four hundred (400) hours during the last two (2) years.
- Has performed nurse related work for at least two hundred (200) hours and has participated in continuing education for at least fifteen (15) hours related to nursing practice within the latest certification period.
- Has participated in continuing education for at least thirty (30) hours related to nursing practice within the latest certification period.
CNAs who have become certified by examination are not required to demonstrate their competency for their first certification renewal.
Reinstatement of a Lapsed CNA Certification in Wyoming
CNAs that fail to have their certification renewed on or before December 31st of every even year will need to opt for a reinstatement instead. Applicants can contact the Licensing/Examination Coordinators at (307) 777-7601 for further details. Applicants will be unable to work as a CNA until the recertification process is completed.
Out-of-State Transfer of Certificates to Wyoming
CNAs that are currently active and unencumbered from the state where the certificate was awarded can have their license transferred to Wyoming via endorsement provided that they meet the criteria.
If you have additional questions, you may contact the Wyoming Nurse Aide Registry at:
Wyoming Nurse Aide Registry
2020 Carey Ave., Ste. 110
Cheyanne, WY 82002
Phone (307) 777-7601
License Verification: (877) 626-2681
FAX: (307) 777-3519